TRANSCRIPT:
In this episode, Using OS X Yosemite To Record iOS 8 Screen
I’ll jump straight to a demo
Soooo, Let’s Get Started
A neat feature coming in OS X Yosemite this fall, is the ability to record the screen of an iPhone or iPad on the Mac using QuickTime.
To do so, first launch QuickTime, then after entering your passcode on your iPhone or iPad, plug-in your USB Lightning cable from Mac to iOS 8 Device.
Now from the QuickTime menu bar, click on File and then click on New Movie Recording or the keyboard shortcut:
Option+Cmd+N
On the Movie Recording Window, click on the drop down list to select, the quality of your recording from High to Maximum, select if you wish to use your iOS 8 device for the microphone and finally, select your iOS 8 device name, which in my case is MacStudioA’s iPhone.
Now all that’s left to do when the iOS screen is loaded is to hover over the screen, increase device volume if you wish and click on the Record Button.
From here, everything that’s launched on the iPhone or iPad is shown on the Mac desktop.
I’ll just time lapse through the Apps launched and show the final step, which is to save the recording.
Once you have finished recording your required screen, simply hover over the iOS device screen and press the Stop button and close the device window, where you are promoted to save your recording. I’ll just save it to a folder I created earlier.
For a quick playback, I’ll just load the recording and scrub through very quickly.
There you have it, another great feature coming to iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite this fall.
And that’s it.
Thanks for watching and thumbs-up if you liked this video, and please, don't forget to subscribe to be notified of the next episode.
Thanks and Peace.


No comments :
Post a Comment